The Clubrooms consist of a meeting space / lecture room equipped at present with, display area, display boards, toilet, kitchen, library. The main lecture space also houses the club’s fully equipped studio space. See below for further details.
Meeting Room > View front of stage and the PC desk at the back of the room
Clubroom in Action
Tea & Coffee Area
The Studio space is available for hire, the cost depending upon the hirer and the purpose and subject to the hire terms and conditions
– Members can hire the studio for personal use at a reduced fee of £35 per session (no hourly rate)
– Non-members may hire the studio for their personal use at a very competitive £50 per session (no hourly rate).
– Commercial use is also permitted at a cost of £200 per day / part day.
* Commercial use is defined as any purpose where one or more attendees are being charged a fee to attend, for example, workshops or where there is a client paying for the output of the session or where the photographs are being used in connection with any business, whether owned by themselves or any third party.
For the avoidance of doubt, a model charging a photographer for their time where the images are intended for personal use only (individual projects, display on personal social media, portfolios, or entered in exhibitions or competitions) would not be considered as Commercial use.
If the images are used to promote goods / brands / products or services, or use on commercial revenue earning sites, that would be considered as being Commercial usage.
Ruling as to what constitutes personal or commercial use is at the sole discretion of the Studio Manager whose decision is final.
The library currently has about 160 books and is open most Wednesday evenings in the clubrooms.*COVID-19
Currently due to Covid 19 the club is not meeting physically. Bristol Photographic Society is still active with weekly meetings via Zoom (including some international speakers) – new members are always welcome.
As a special concession, prospective members may join the first three Zoom meetings free of charge as a trial before full memberships is payable.
Using the Contact Form
If you have any questions please contact us using the form on the right, selecting a recipient from the dropdown menu.
Please Note: If you are contacting the Society with information that you would like circulated to all members, please send your request to the Newsletter Editor ONLY.
Bristol, BS6 5EE
Bristol Salon has moved to a new dedicated website.
* Note: you are being taken to an external site. *